Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

When to Use Connect 32 ?

Dear All ,

I have gone through so many posts and training vidoes on the CONNECT statement and i am in a confused state .

(In one of the Qlikview training videos , they mentioned if your system is 64 bit then you should select Force 32 .)

But if my server is a 64 bit machine, to connect with a MS Access database do i need to select Force 32 at this scenario also?

And is there any constraints on which database connection do i need to take (ODBC or OLEDB) ?

Thanks in Advance ...

Regards ,

Lakshman .

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You should force 32 when you are on a 64 bit system and use the 64-bit version of Qlikview and need to use a 32 bit odbc driver.

See the Connect entry in the help file for more information.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I think MsAccess driver is restricted to 32 bit so go with 32 bit (force) and odbc

In general on a 64 bit machine and with a 64 bit Qlikview you can use 32 bit (force) or 64 bit connection; it depends on the driver (32/64) installed for the database.

So, for example if you install an Oracle 32 bit client/driver you must use check Force 32 bit

You can find a lot on Qlikview reference manual, part 2 (installation), 6 OLE DB and ODBC and also in the online help looking for Connect