Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Google's Universal Analytics will stop processing new hits on July 1st 2023 and makes room for Google Analytics 4.

Continue loading your data using Qlik's new GA4 connector, available for Qlik Cloud and Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows as of today: Google Analytics 4 (Cloud) | Google Analytics 4 (on-premise)

The new Google Analytics 4 connector is also included in the Qlik Web Connector Standalone package: Google Analytics 4 (standalone) 

Related Content and Relevant Sources:

[GA4] Introducing the next generation of Analytics, Google Analytics 4 | support.google 
Prepare for the future with Google Analytics 4 | blog.google 

12 Comments
Udo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind ,

Thanks for the News! The link in the article is referencing to Qlik cloud services. Is there also a link for Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows?

Thanks,
Udo 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Udo !

Here is the link for the same information in the on-premise section of our documentation: Google Analytics 4 

All the best,
Sonja 

hkhan26
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind,

In relation to the migration of GA4. I am working on QlikView currently,  is there any consideration that needs to be taken from a QlikView Perspective?

Thanks

Habib

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello, @hkhan26 

The GA4 connector is also available as a standalone connector. See Google Analytics 4 (standalone).

All the best,
Sonja 

hkhan26
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind,

In relation to the migration of GA4. I am using Qlik Web Connector (Standalone) Version June 2022. Will the Qlik Google Analytics Web Connector still work post 1st July 2023, and will data still be captured? 

Kind Regards 

Habib Khan

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @hkhan26 

The key point here is that Google stops processing data rather than Qlik. There will simply not be any more data for you to consume using the old connector. See one of Google's announcements here:

All standard Universal Analytics properties will stop processing new hits on July 1, 2023.

hkhan26
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind,

Thanks for the swift reply. I just want to clarify it will just be a case of no new data coming in rather than the Qlik Google Analytics Web Connector failing?

Also, are you aware of whether historical data will be available via GA4 web connector or will it be from a specific point in time?

Kind Regards 

Habib Khan

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @hkhan26 

I do not know if the old connector will fail, but I can get an answer to this. (I assume it will start failing the moment Google turns off the related APIs).

As for the second question: this depends on what you have done on your end and how you have migrated to GA4. I recommend reviewing Google's documentation. Our connector simply pulls data from Google.

All the best,
Sonja 

saxjonas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

We desperatly need filters to be implemented in this connector. Right now it's impossible to aggregate on certain dimensions when there are other dimensions also present in the request. Filters is really one of the base functionality of the Google Reporting API.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @saxjonas Thank you for the feedback! 

I recommend logging it as a suggestion in our ideation section. Our product teams monitor all incoming suggestions. Feel free to link back to this blog post from the idea - and if you want to send me the link to the idea afterwards so I can give it my vote, please go ahead!

All the best,
Sonja