Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

We are pleased to announce new capacity model pricing for Qlik Analytics. The new pricing model is an extension of the capacity functionality we introduced earlier this year for data integration. 

We believe this pricing model aligns with modern customer expectations and will:  

• Provide more predictability as you plan deployments 
  • Make it easier to take advantage of available capabilities in Qlik Cloud 
  • Give more flexibility to organizations wanting to expand analytics usage 

Today, we offer three capacity pricing tiers: Standard, Premium, and Enterprise. 

You can find additional details on our website Qlik Cloud® Analytics Plans & Pricing 

With the Qlik Cloud capacity model, the primary value meter is Data for Analysis or Data Moved, except for Qlik Cloud Analytics Standard where Full Users is the value meter. 

See in detail what it means here: Subscription value meters 

Additionally, we understand the importance of Qlik Cloud administrators to monitor their tenants' data consumption. Therefore, we are pleased to introduce:  

• A monitoring dashboard

Located in the home pane of the Management Console, this overview provides a summary of user allocations, data capacity consumption, reports, and other capacity-based resources to understand your usage.  

Capacity Consumption Overview.png

• A specialized Qlik Sense Application

For more in-depth analysis, a detailed consumption report is delivered in a Qlik Sense Application allowing you to further understand how your organization uses Qlik Cloud.

For more information on how to deploy the report, please see our Qlik Help for details: Monitoring usage with detailed consumption reports.

Additional resources:

Thanks for choosing Qlik!

Qlik Global Support

7 Comments
achampire
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind ,

Really interesting ! Thanks for sharing.

I am reading Monitoring usage with detailed consumption reports and it is written that the app is only available for Qlik Cloud capacity-based subscriptions.

I would like to know on an existing tenant if this new capacity subscriptions can be interresting compare from my current one.

How can I measure my data consumption today ?

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@achampire - A thought a lot of us are having! We could always do with more telemetry! 

AdamBS
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello community. Below are my personal thoughts on the Capacity pricing for Qlik Cloud Analytics.  I would be interested in your perspective:

With Qlik Sense, our larger clients started to encourage Self-service BI... where they didn't encourage it, the Operations Monitor showed those users with Professional licenses were creating their own sheets.  When I think through the implications of the Capacity pricing I find:

1. The Basic user has this semi-collaboration feature set, allowed to create Notes, but not Stories, and not able to publish bookmarks.  Regarding sheet/chart Subscription, nothing is mentioned.  Am hoping the mobile App usage is allowed, and I guess self-service Alerts are only for Full Users.
    • This will be tricky for any customer switching from Professional / Analyzer to the Capacity model.
    • It means my demo team must carefully consider how to demonstrate for non-Full User use-cases.
    • It means our training/coaching for non-Full User must be reworked.
  2. For me, the first challenge of self-service is the data strategy, how self-service users can find data they want to work with.  Next on the list is infrastructure capacity... what if these citizen developers do something large?  The Qlik Sense SaaS seemed to answer this 2nd question beautifully - 5GB limit, managed by SaaS.  For IT, the licenses are purchased, the users head off to Qlik Sense SaaS and IT are free of infrastructure capacity worry and can focus on addressing the data strategy.  I think the worry returns with the Capacity model:
    • Buy Capacity to cover intended usage... how does a customer/IT calculate this across a self-service environment?  Overage means an impact on what is supposed to be a more stable cost or budget impact.
    • We all have different development styles, many influenced by QlikView methods.  The QVD-heavy approach will consume more Capacity.  If my development workflow starts in the Personal Space, I have 1GB ... if it is more, I expect the self-service developer must move to a Shared Space. Doesn't feel elegant.  End of the day, the Capacity budgeted by IT may be blown by development style of developers, and/or self-service developers.
    • I guess on the positive side, we'd be encouraged to tidy up the unused Apps, QVDs etc.
  3. Having looked at the discussion on the monitoring App available to Capacity Model tenants, I also find it hard to categorise the calculation of the required capacity for analytics as easy.  Apparently, some methods are coming, but as we advise our customers on solutions, they will look to us if the Capacity estimate is wrong.

I have worked with Qlik 20-years. I am very grateful to Qlik for creating elegant solutions.  Thanks too for a place to gain insight from others in the community.

MaryseC
Contributor III
Contributor III

And it's a nightmare to do a tidy up because we don't have the usage statistics at the sheet level

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @AdamBS 

I am forwarding this feedback for you.

All the best,
Sonja 

sathish_sampath
Employee
Employee

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for your valuable insights. That is extremely helpful. The key to this model is that data is at the core of this whole thing. One of the key factors, specifically with SaaS is that organizations tend to start at a slightly conservative point and then grow as their usage grows. We believe that would be the behavior here as well. Therefore, when positioning this solution, we need to try and get the customer to seed and then grow. We believe this will put less pressure on both customer and us from sizing perspective. I also agree with you that customers will have to undergo a change in how they use and optimize with Personal Data spaces. 

Another key factor is that while we believe data is the core, we also needed to ensure everyone in an organization has the ability to perform analytics. Therefore for Enterprise tier(typically large customers) we will provide unlimited full users, and with the proper control of access rules, they should be able to perform their operations. In this way, we can ensure that there is no hindrance to customers in using the solution. 

Does this sound good?

-Sathish

AdamBS
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Yes, it sounds good.  I think the pricing for Full User supports your perspective, as this is less of a barrier when talking Premium.

I still feel at the helicopter view, the message is solid, but the details seem difficult.  I have clients hurt by egress costs, would you say " Data Analyzed refers to data loaded into Qlik Cloud from an external source or created in Qlik Cloud" is ingress less QDI + tenant based QVD?  Does internal ETL influence the Data Analyzed?  For example, we know an intervalmatch() often balloons RAM for a period.

As you say, new engagements are likely to accept.  It is the established clients that are blocked by user-pricing that may become frustrated (unless the sizing tools are solid) - these clients can't justify analytics across the organization at user-pricing levels; Premium gives them a method with Basic Users... the only alternative is to look at alternative BI. (By the way, this happens naturally because as IT drag their feet trying to fund a Professional User license, the users turn to what is "free", and we lose the self-service battle before we even know there is a threat.  Ever since the advent of the spreadsheet, users can find a way when IT/BI are not proactive and timeous.)