Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Trigger connectivity between Qlikview and QlikSense

galimutp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Trigger connectivity between Qlikview and QlikSense

For organizations with both Qlikview and QlikSense platforms, it will be great to have a trigger connectivity between both. As users are moving towards self-service analytics which Qliksense serves best, there is a need to run QS dashboards after Qlikview Model finishes or vice-versa. We should be able to set the triggers depending on task completions from either platforms. This will give very well tightly coupled Qlikview and Qliksense platforms where organizations can leverage analytics at it's fullest. Hope to see this feature soon.

Tags (1)
4 Comments
John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @galimutp,

Thank you for your idea. Going forward, please use one, and only one, label on your ideas. The labels are used to direct the ideas to the appropriate product managers. Please see the submission guidelines for more information.

Thanks,

galimutp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks John! Will label only one.

Vinay_Kapoor
Employee
Employee

Insufficient demand. Most QlikView customers who adopt Qlik Sense plan to implement new use cases on it and not connect existing dashboards.

Status changed to: Closed - Declined
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

@galimutp 

I can understand Qlik's position on this - building this feature into the main QlikView product would take focus from other, more tactic/strategic development efforts.

That said, there are already ways to achieve what you describe. I can see two options right away, each with its own merits.

1. Use the open source QlikSenseTask tool (Github link). It works well and is a good option if you prefer to work on the command line.

2. Use (also open source) the Butler tool (Github link). Butler is a micro service that offers a bunch of different endpoints/features, one being the ability to start a Sense task by calling one of Butler's REST API endpoints. Butler is a good option if you prefer to use APIs rather than the command line. Butler is also really easy to use from QlikView (and Qlik Sense) load scripts, meaning you can trigger your Sense reloads as the very last step of your QlikView reload.

Neither tool will allow you to start QlikView reloads from Qlik Sense though, but that is probably a rather small use case, I would guess.

Disclaimer: I am myself the creator of Butler.