Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Horizontal/Vertical view toggle in Combo Chart

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Horizontal/Vertical view toggle in Combo Chart

Currently in Qlik Sense we are able to change view to horizontal only on Bar Chart. It would be extremely helpful to have the same option (ability to switch between horizontal/vertical layout) also in Combo Chart.

This feature would make visualization where the dimension values are long and  you want to compare say actual vs budget a lot nicer.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
24 Comments
Sajid_Mahmood
Creator
Creator
Must basic feature, how can Vizlib do it long ago.
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I would add the option to stack bars like this example (createad with Powerbi)

pablolabbe_0-1591396486559.png

and able to create a more complex chart like this (created with tableau)

pablolabbe_1-1591396580915.png

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@pablolabbe  thanks for the feedback but please post separate ideas in new ideas, that way we track progress and use the stats properly.

Thanks,

Patric

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thanks @Patric_Nordstrom , I'll do it.

mattdaubney
Contributor II
Contributor II

Just starting with Qlik Sense, been using QV for a little while.  Amazed this is still not available.

cristiand
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom 

Any news/update about the progress or status for this request?

Thanks

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@cristiand the rework of the combo started but was halted due to other priorities, we're now back hopefully for delivery in the spring of 2021.

Thanks,
Patric

cristiand
Contributor III
Contributor III
Thanks for update Patric!
It is much appreciated 🙂
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

tenor.gif

It is more than 1,5  years since I posted this idea. It is much needed feature which we have to workaround every day and in the mean time we get tones of good features like new built-in objects (buttons, bullet charts etc..

...and other less useful features like:

• images in tooltips
  • dynamic views

which in general are great but I dont have a single client who will use it... instead I have probably 30 clients who are still waiting for ability to flip combo chart... It is time to start listen to clients little bit more please!

thanks