Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Google Analytics Web Connector - Compatibility for GA4

Stas_vd_Braber
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Google Analytics Web Connector - Compatibility for GA4

The Google Analytics Web Connector is currently only compatible for the Google Universal Analytics (UA). GA4 is due to replace the current version of Google Analytics (Universal Analytics or UA) in June 2023. More and more customers are now migrating to GA4. The GA4 comes with a new API (Google Analytics Data API). It would be great if the web connector becomes compatible for this new API, or that a new web connector is created. 

Tags (1)
54 Comments
matthewjbryant
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Nulee_Massaro, please include me in you EAP distribution list.

ReportingImpulsion
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Nulee_Massaro , we are also interested in the EAP. 

pgalmuzara
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Nulee_Massaro, please include me in the EAP list.

barsssk
Contributor II
Contributor II

rondou
Contributor
Contributor

Is there an update on the timeline? It's not a great conversation for anyone to have that Qlik doesn't support GA4 when it launced more than 2 years ago.

Nulee_Massaro
Employee
Employee
@rondou the new Google Analytics 4 Connector is almost ready to be released. The target is to have it rolled out both in Qlik Sense SaaS and client-managed in May. It will also be included in the next release of the standalone Qlik Web Connector in June.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
harmo016
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

PartyKing
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @Nulee_Massaro, I skimmed through What's new in QSEoW May 2023 TP (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-Technical-Preview-for-M...and it does not mention Google Analytics connector at all. Is the updated connector with support for GA4 included please?

Thanks
Juraj

spetkov009
Contributor II
Contributor II

That is very concerning, indeed! We urgently need GA4 in QS Enterprise and the QSE May Release is pretty much the latest one before old GA gets decommissioned as support from Google!