Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Domino3145
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to disable Data Services Contributor role?

Hello,

We are trying to develop an access point for our clients in Qlik Cloud but are struggling with role assignment and limiting their access to unnecessary tools. We have given our clients an analyst license and disabled all roles, however for some reason can't disable the auto assign "Data Services Contributor" role.

The "Data Services Contributor" role is set to auto assign to everyone in our company and when accessing permissions in the management console, this role does not appear as an option we can toggle on/off (see below), despite Qlik Help suggesting we should be able to see this. 

Domino3145_0-1703067380112.png

We are aiming to have an access point with maximal restrictions for users, like the "Embedded Analytics User" role, whilst still providing access to the hub, however users can still create links in the "add new" button, download our sheets as PDF's and access their profile settings to download tools or set up notifications. 

Our question is what level of security are we able to have to limit as many of these features for users as possible, and is any of this affected by the fact that all users are assigned "Data Services Contributor", a role we are unable to disable?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeorgeSavu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Domino3145 ,

I suspect there is some other issue on your tenant as my previous image is from a tenant in Ireland.

The support team should be able to solve it , if this is a Production environment they are really quick to solve things.

BR,

George

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GeorgeSavu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Domino3145 ,

You are missing 3 'Data' security roles from your list of permissions.

Those roles are all linked to the Data Integration part of Qlik Cloud, does your tenant also include this ? 

GeorgeSavu_0-1703069594099.png

BR,

George

Domino3145
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @GeorgeSavu 

Thanks for the response, you're right it seems we are missing those 3 roles.

Data integration is enabled in our tenant, however we believe there was an update to data integration for US tenants 4 days ago whereas we are on a UK tenant. Perhaps there could be an issue with with the fact that our tenant hasn't been updated. 

If this is the case would you recommend switching to a US tenant or to wait until the data integration update is available for UK versions?

GeorgeSavu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Domino3145 ,

I suspect there is some other issue on your tenant as my previous image is from a tenant in Ireland.

The support team should be able to solve it , if this is a Production environment they are really quick to solve things.

BR,

George

Albert_Candelario

Hello @Domino3145,

Thanks for posting.

I suspect this could be related to your current license.

If you have already created a Support case with us, please do share the case # here.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer