Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l_robin
Contributor
Contributor

Deallocate / Reallocate license => bookmarks lost ?

Hello,

On a Client Managed Qlik Sense Platform, if we deallocate a license from a user and later reallocate a license to the same user, are his bookmarks lost ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Laurent

Labels (1)
4 Replies
PhanThanhSon
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I'm currently testing your hypothesis, but I'll only be able to assess it after 7 days since Qlik keeps the license in quarantine for that duration. For more details, please refer to the following post:

Link to the post.

Best regards Son

Rashmi_ramakrishna

Hi @l_robin  

I had a test and it seems allocating/deallocating license will not effect anything on the bookmarks created.

1. I have a User1 to whom I assigned a Professional license > created test app> created bookmarks
2. I deallocated the license > logged in to hub > Bookmarks are still there , just that you can edit/create new app since there is no license

3. Re-allocated the Professional license to user1 > logged in to hub > can see the bookmarks

Hope this helps!

PhanThanhSon
Creator
Creator

Hi Rashmi,

I've also taken this test, but the question remains about how Qlik handles the 7-day quarantine period and whether it keeps the bookmarks after 7 days.

Best regards Son

Rashmi_ramakrishna

Yes! That makes sense, in fact it depends on the License activation method.

For Professional License/ SLK method there is no quarantine period. The test I did is with Professional type license having SLK activation method.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Professional-Analyzer-access-allocations-No-...