Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dipali_jagtap
Contributor II
Contributor II

Scalability testing With Jun 2020 version not working

Hi Daniel,

Scalability testing With Jun 2020 version not working getting  warnings Open App failed to get proxy session name.

However it seems working for April 2020 and lower versions.

Can you please help me to fix this. Proxy settings looks fine if i add RIM servers instead DNS name its working.

Thanks.

5 Replies
benoithervochon
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello, i've got same pbm with desktop (june 2020 SR3, i'll try with SR4) : first app reloaded ok but for second (After completion of task1) 'Failed'

Error msg "WARNING Failed to get proxy session name" and then System.TimeoutException

When running Scenario only for second app : it's ok ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply, but hadn't received notifications from community.

We have not experienced similar problems. Are you using
Scalability Tools:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Scalability/Qlik-Sense-Scalability-Tools/td-p/1490846
or the Enterprise Scalability Tools?
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Scalability/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Scalability-Tools/td-p/1579916

Assuming the first one. Are you runnning from command line, executor or scehduler?

In the june 2020 release of the tool, does selecting april 2020 work against a june 2020 installation?

@dipali_jagtap wrote:

if i add RIM servers instead DNS name its working.

Not exactly sure what you mean here. You mean IP works but not FQN? Or you are adding a RIM FQN instead of the proxy FQN?

dipali_jagtap
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. We are using https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Scalability/Qlik-Sense-Scalability-Tools/td-p/1490846

I'm still getting the same error "Open App failed to get proxy session name" with Jun2020 version. If i select lower version it works kind of weird behavior. 

Why it was not working when i put dns name?

It works when i add RIM servers.

Since we had high availability in Qliksense, adding RIM servers will not give accurate results and load will not distributed equally.

Kindly advise and let us know what can be done. Any changes in Proxy?

Thanks.

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

@dipali_jagtap wrote:

Why it was not working when i put dns name?

It works when i add RIM servers.

Still need answer to what you mean with "adding RIM servers", does that mean you connect to an engine node directly with IP?

In the virtualproxy defined for the test, has all the engine nodes been added for load balancing and has it been linked with proxy/-s?

Daniel_Larsson_0-1603441305429.png

dipali_jagtap
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Daniel,

Yes RIM servers are added in the load balancer of header proxy and linked to the proxies. When im adding RIm server name separately in connection name, it works well. But adding host name like 'hostname.domain.com' does not work

what exactly i need to check here to get rid of the warning 'Open App failed to get proxy session name' ?

Thanks.