Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
picturebox
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Importing multiple distinct Dimensions into an Extention

Hello Everybody,

I am working on an extension, which needs multiple inputs of data from Qlikview 11. The objective is to build a map with OpenStreetMap which supports multiple layers of polygons and markers to combine different types of data. In this thread http://community.qlik.com/thread/51454 the possibility of importing multiple sets of data is quite thoroughly explained, but I encountered a major problem using this technique.

Apparently it seems, that when having several different objects, Qlikview will combine them to a Cartesian Product. This means, assuming I have the data sets(1,2,3), (a,b,c) then Qlikview will provide the following to the Extension:

1, a

1, b

1, c

2, a

2, b

2, c

3, a

3, b

3, c

whereas I want to have the distinct values:

1, a

2, b

3, c

Is there any way to only choose distinct values?? We are working with 400 stores and more, and from each we are iterating about 5 or 6 different categories, so that would mean a Cartesian Product of at least 400^5 = 10,240,000,000,000 values, which might be a little bit over the top if I only need 5*400 = 2000 values. So please, if anybody has a great idea about this, I'd be more than greatful.

Cheers, Aiko

0 Replies