Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricardodeano
Contributor II
Contributor II

External Website and GetTicket

Hello everyone

We have a requirement whereby an external .net webform website will undertake a user's authentication using a two factor authentication process. Once the user is authenticated, they will land on a page which presents them with a link which should take them to our QlikView website (whereby the user name and password are hardcoded for testing purposes):

<asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="QuikViewLink" OnClick="QuikViewLink_Click" Text="Click" ></asp:LinkButton>

protected void QuikViewLink_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{ 

// [REQUIRED] Name of the user to get a ticket for

_userId = "Richard.Dean";

// Forms Authenticastion example

//if (Request.Cookies[FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName] != null)

//{

//    HttpCookie authCookie = Request.Cookies[FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName];

//    FormsAuthenticationTicket ticket = FormsAuthentication.Decrypt(authCookie.Value);

//    _userId = ticket.Name;

//}

GetWebTicket();

if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(_webTicket))

RedirectToQlikView();

else

Response.Write(String.Format("Failed to retrieve web ticket for user id \"{0}\", try to verify the authentication settings.", _userId));

}

This effectively is lifted straight from the example found here qv-simple-webticket/README.md at master · braathen/qv-simple-webticket · GitHub

However, despite Richard.Dean being able to access click view using the standard approach, I do not seem to be able to get a ticket.

I have tried variations whilst manually trying to get the ticket eg.

http://localhost/QvAjaxZfc/GetWebTicket.aspx?cmd=<Global method='GetWebTicket'><UserId>CUSTOM\Richard.Dean</UserId></Global>
http://locvalhost/QvAjaxZfc/GetWebTicket.aspx?cmd=<Global method='GetWebTicket'><UserId>Richard.Dean</UserId></Global>

But without success. Could someone point me in the right direct?

Message was edited by: Richard Dean Updating code following set up via github demo

0 Replies