Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataEnjoyer
Contributor
Contributor

Changing Data Source

Hello,

We're currently in the process of going live on a new DB server and new DB.  We have a few QlikView Dashboards/Reports (not sure what they're officially called) that need to be changed over to point at the new server/DB.

Is this something that's easy to accomplish? I'm not finding many good resources on the web to assist me in this. The schema in the new DB is the same as the old DB so I'm not worried about anything changing there.

Is there some documentation I could read through on this or does someone have a solution here? Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @DataEnjoyer,

It should be relatively easy to change the data source inside the QlikView file (.qvw or .qvf). You would need to open the QlikView file within QlikView Desktop to edit the load script. Refer to the QlikView Help entry Edit Script Dialog for more information.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igoralcantara
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

What I recommend is to store the connection string in an include file and load it using a relative path. Have one file in each environment pointing to the correct DB but the file should have the same name and have the same relative position to the apps. So, when you move, it will all be there automatically.

----
datavoyagers.net
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @DataEnjoyer,

It should be relatively easy to change the data source inside the QlikView file (.qvw or .qvf). You would need to open the QlikView file within QlikView Desktop to edit the load script. Refer to the QlikView Help entry Edit Script Dialog for more information.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!