Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

sorting not fixed

Hi, First of all I know there are hundreds of posts about sorts in tables but I did not find answer to my questions. I've got several tables with specific sorting on some expressions and allowing interactive sorting, but sometimes when the document is loaded the sort changes. Why it does change? Why it is not fixed as I left it last time I saved the document?

2 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Please go through below thread..

Re: Sorting issue on reload (11.2 SR6 und up)

Is this your case??

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
john_s_w_wood
Creator
Creator

Hi, Im taking a bit of a guess here at what your issue is

It may be because your sort is reliant upon the order it is loaded so if its a transaction table which is constantly changing then this could impact. For instance say you are loading transactions with a Product Code. If the transactions are loaded before say a product 'master' file, the order the products load in the transaction file will control the sort order.

e.g. yesterday product XYZ3 was the last sale. That appears first / last in the list. Today it is EDR54 so that then becomes first or last

To resolve this, load a master file first. (or even a hard coded inline table for such as days, Months (Jan,Feb,Mar etc). You can then use the 'load order' option in sort ok.

Other problems which can cause an issue is that you have a priority order issue in the list to sort by or you have multiple sort flags set for a particular sort.