Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

relating to chart and null

Hi,

I have a scenario where I have a serious of expression in the chart. where if i get two consecutive null values then I should get the null value

ID     sales     budget     bm     rph

1     6687     76587     8787     778    

2     -               -               223     223

3     6767     0996     8787          7897

in the above chart you do see null values by seeing the null values you need to get the complete row values as null how can be this achieved with an expression

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

As you describe the issue you would need four expressions:

1. If( (isnull(id) and isnull(sales)) or (isnull(sales) and isnull(budget)) or (isnull(budget) and isnull(bm)) or (isnull(bm) and isnull(rph)), null(), sales)
  2. If( (isnull(id) and isnull(sales)) or (isnull(sales) and isnull(budget)) or (isnull(budget) and isnull(bm)) or (isnull(bm) and isnull(rph)), null(), budget)
  3. If( (isnull(id) and isnull(sales)) or (isnull(sales) and isnull(budget)) or (isnull(budget) and isnull(bm)) or (isnull(bm) and isnull(rph)), null(), bm)
  4. If( (isnull(id) and isnull(sales)) or (isnull(sales) and isnull(budget)) or (isnull(budget) and isnull(bm)) or (isnull(bm) and isnull(rph)), null(), rph)

If all you want is to make sure sales and budget have values you can use set analysis expressions like:

sum({<sales={'*'}>+<budget={'*'}>}bm)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Try the QVW attached. Logic in expression.

Regards

RL

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

what would be the expression when I need to perform depending on particular dimension here in the sample data i have given as ID so working only particular 2 field value