Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

percentage of text field

Hi everyone! First of all, thank you for taking the time to try and help me.  I am very new to Qlikview, still trying to figure it out.  I need to create a line chart that looks at how long a period of time is.  In my expression, I have written:

= sum(count(fieldA)) / sum(count(TOTAL fieldA))

But this expression requires too much memory or something along those lines.  Does anyone have any suggestions or helpful tips?

Thank you again!

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think you need to provide information. The problem is that you cannot use double aggregation like Sum(Count()) without Aggr function. May be you just need this

=Count(fieldA)/Count(TOTAL fieldA)

but you post doesn't give much information as to what is needed, so it would be helpful if you either provide a sample or provide more information on what you are trying to do

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny! Thank you for your help! So I have field that lists countries and another that lists months of the year 2015.  I want to know what percentage of a specific country happens in each month. Please see below for an example:

country   Jan    Feb    March   April   May    June   July    August   Sept   Nov  Dec        TIOTAL

UK           10     5          30         15       8        12      47         9           14        7     3              160

Spain        40     18       20          7        2         11       44      28           9          14   0              193

I would like to know what is the percentage of the UK in March (compared only to the UK).  So the answer in this case would be about 19%.

Thank you!

sunny_talwar

Try this:

Count(FieldA)/Count(TOTAL <country> FieldA)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thank you! this works perfectly!

sunny_talwar

Awesome I am glad it did. Please close this thread by marking correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny