cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

naming field values

Hi,

There's a field 'Brand' in my application. One of the values in the field is '+ Active'.

I have noticed that the sign '+' causes dashboard bugs sometimes.

For instance, the dashboard is published on ther server, and I do the following:

1) I select 10 brands including '+ Active'.

2) I click the button print report which activates the action 'Print'.

3) Then the field 'Brand' is automatically cleared. This is a bug.

Actually the bug doesn't happen if the brand '+ Active' is not selected among other brands.

Could you advaise anything?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I think the reason is that this + sign will be somehow interpretet as calculation and leads to NULL and this leads to the deselection - a clear selection call for field is the same like a selection with = null(). I agree that's looked like a bug and I haven't a solution but you could try to bypass it with adding from additionally quotes to this value or to add before the + sign a space char - chr(32) - or a zero-space char like chr(8203) or similar chars to prevent a calculation.

Useful might be also to try it with a dual-field for this - I mean a result like:

dual('+ Active', 'Active') or more practically: dual(Brand, Autonumber(Brand))

Hope this is helpful.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think the reason is that this + sign will be somehow interpretet as calculation and leads to NULL and this leads to the deselection - a clear selection call for field is the same like a selection with = null(). I agree that's looked like a bug and I haven't a solution but you could try to bypass it with adding from additionally quotes to this value or to add before the + sign a space char - chr(32) - or a zero-space char like chr(8203) or similar chars to prevent a calculation.

Useful might be also to try it with a dual-field for this - I mean a result like:

dual('+ Active', 'Active') or more practically: dual(Brand, Autonumber(Brand))

Hope this is helpful.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Markus,

if I try in script:

load DUAL dual(Brand, Autonumber(Brand)) as Brand

Will the program autonumber distinct brands only?

If not how can I autonumber distinct brands?

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Use purgeChar() to clean data

PurgeChar(fieldName,'+')

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
marcus_sommer

Autonumber() is distinct. Here you will see some examples: Counters in the Load.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot, Marcus,

a zero-space char like chr(8203) before the plus-sign is a very good solution.

Larisa