Skip to main content
Announcements
Announcing Qlik Talend® Cloud and Qlik Answers™ to accelerate AI adoption! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

multi-tenant application publishing / management

I am trying to understand how to best maintain and publisher the same Qlikview doc structure to multiple clients using their specific data sources (assuming same data structure).  I am trying to not have to maintain 'X' number of QV documents on the development side and not sure if Publisher has functionality to create multiple QVWs from a single source QVW, based on a number of listed data sources.

Secondarily I would like to understand options for extending the QVW (e.g. an additional tab) on a client by client basis.

The attached .ppt illustrates what I am trying to accomplish.

Many thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

With Publisher you can distribute qvw's from a single Source folder to multiple User mounts [aka folders], but they will all be loaded from the same data source.

But you could have multiple tasks with a parameter being passed in with different values that are used in the qvw script to load from different sources, and distribute them to the appropriate User mount [aka folder]

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

With Publisher you can distribute qvw's from a single Source folder to multiple User mounts [aka folders], but they will all be loaded from the same data source.

But you could have multiple tasks with a parameter being passed in with different values that are used in the qvw script to load from different sources, and distribute them to the appropriate User mount [aka folder]

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your response Bill.  Do you know if Qlik has a Publisher reference manual?  The only document I could find was an installation guide, not a user manual.  Thank you again,