Skip to main content
Announcements
Announcing Qlik Talend® Cloud and Qlik Answers™ to accelerate AI adoption! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

list box for only one chart

Hello,

I have one sheet with 4 charts and 3 objects. i have 4 list boxes.my requirement is 3 list box selections should effect all the objects and charts when i give selection in 4th list box that should be effected only one particular chart with keeping previous list box selections.

Thanks,

Venkat.

8 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

You can use the set analysis to ignore the selection of this 4th field in the expression of the chart you want where there should be no selection.

If you have Brand you do not want the Brand filter selection to to an expressions

sum({<Brand=->}Slaes)

kulasekhar
Creator
Creator

Hi Venkat,

May be like this? PFA,

Thanks,

Sekkhar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i cant open qvw file coz i am using personal editor

Not applicable
Author

You can make use of Alternate States.

1. Create a new State (Doc Props -- General -- Alternate States)

AS-1.png

2. Use this newly created state only for the two objects you want to be unaffected by any selections. Object Props -- General -- Alternate State. This field is visible only when a user created Alternate State exists in the document.

AS-2.png

Please see attached screenshots for better understanding.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if we do like that other list box selection wont effect final chart right...coz chart state is different from others list boxs...

Not applicable
Author

yes, that is what you wanted. The chart should be affected only by the 4th list box?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thats not my requirment..my final chart shld effected by all list box selections......4th list box selection shld nt effect other object except my final chart....

Not applicable
Author

ok..then use Set Analysis in the chart expression and ignore the field used in this 4th list box.