Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III

is it possible to close the sheets like web pages like manually with out any condition..?

Hi Experts ,

we have a Requirement in the Project , we have 3 different categories for showing them we are using 3 Main Sheets.

now my requirement is can we close them like a web pages as shown in below image.

I have sheet 1 , sheet 2 and sheet 3. and each sheet is having some other sheets which are based on variable value (Hide/show)

here I want to close them manually like web pages we have cross marks to close the unwanted pages.

is there any other method to achieve this without loosing the variable functionality.

please find the attachments for more idea , and let me know if need more information..

look into capture 1 image we want to achieve capture image functionality in capture 2 image..

thanks in advance...

Best Regards

Dhasharadh.

5 Replies
dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Create a button or find a nice X image and set the action to change the variable that is used to conditionally show/hide the sheet.

maheshkuttappa
Creator II
Creator II

‌Adding to Dan's suggestion You can also use text box use the "X" increse font size make transparent background  and set action to change the variable action

dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Dan ,

thanks for the response , here am unable to place that X image beside the sheet name

Example : Sales Dashboard  X    , I want this kind of feature , am unable to drag the image to beside the Sheet name..

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The only other thing you can do is you can hide the tab row and text objects to control navigation.  Then you could add an image with it's own action to close the tab.

Forgive the crudeness of the image just had a minute to mock it up.tabs.png

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Wait but if using text objects to control the tabs you don't even need the X.

With your requirements are you saying once they close a tab it's no longer available to them in the dashboard?  Not sure why you would want that.

Regardless consider using text objects for navigation instead of showing the tabs, it can be much cleaner.