Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

image over a chart or coloured line to show on chart text

Hi,

Is it possible to get a image (its a snipped from word) to appear over a chart whether its inactive or not?

I have a chart and image next to each other; however, when you drag image over the chart it dissapears behind.

I am aware you add text in chart which I have done; however, need the text in the chart to also show a red line.

Please see atatched document for more info.

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes...use a text box to load the image first. then in the Layout tab in Properties for this text box, put in 5 or 10 or Top for Layer and move it over the chart. basically, the layer of the image needs to be higher than that of the chart so it doesn't end up behind the chart and stays above it all the time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes...use a text box to load the image first. then in the Layout tab in Properties for this text box, put in 5 or 10 or Top for Layer and move it over the chart. basically, the layer of the image needs to be higher than that of the chart so it doesn't end up behind the chart and stays above it all the time.

yura_ratu
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi

Go to image properties, Layout tab, and set layer greater than the chart has

Not applicable
Author

Don't forget you can use "Reference Lines" and "Text in Chart" from within the Presentation tab in the Chart Properties.  The line can be coloured as required (Red) and the text similarly.

Also, if you're using a text box - adding a Show Conditional on the Layout tab means you can effectively Show/Hide as required dependant on the conditions. 

I always hate using the layer selectors as it's all a bit glitchy in my experience