Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III

how to show the comparison between current month and first month

Hi Team,

In Dashboard1 I need one more column after average to show the % difference between  Current month (Feb 2018) and first month(Sept 2017)

Current month should change dynamically as soon the new month gets inserted

And also i want only few rows dashboard1 based on the all metrics shown in dashboard 2

For example i want highlight entire  rows containing # of active CX managed contractors

How can i round of the value in average column to without decimals?

Attached the qvw file

15 Replies
savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

can someone help me on this please?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I suggest you to remove company Logo from dashboard and share. That is not good practice. Can you tell us which sheet and where you want to add one more column?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil babu,

I want add in dashboard 1 comparison column next to average columns as shown in the excel sheet

How can highlight the entire row in Dashaboard 1 containing label # of Active NA Cx Managed Contractors

and % High Cost Contractors?

Can you please help?

Regards,

Savithri

savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Team,

Requesting you to help?

Regards,

Savithri

pooja_prabhu_n
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Savithri,

Create two variables 1 for min and 1 for max

vMin= Text(Min(Date(Date#([Current Month/Year],'MMM, YYYY'),'MMM, YYYY')))

vMax=Text(Max(Date(Date#([Current Month/Year],'MMM, YYYY'),'MMM, YYYY')))

Date is in text format, you can convert it to number in script itself or you can use the above expression which is in text format.

Use below expression for Comparision:

= Sum({<[Current Month/Year]={'$(vMin)'}>}[Spend USD])-Sum({<[Current Month/Year]={'$(vMax)'}>}[Spend USD])

Date.PNG

Qlikview date format will consider only "MMM YYYY", hence vMin will consider the Oct 2017 as first date, because Sept, 2017 is excluded you can use the below expression or you can fix the date format to Sep, 2017 in script.

vMin=Text(Min(Date(Date#(left(SubField([Current Month/Year],',',1),3)&','&SubField([Current Month/Year],',',2),'MMM, YYYY'),'MMM, YYYY')))

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pooja

Anil_Babu_Samineni

One way could be using Valuelist() like this? PFA

Capture1.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Or something like this? Correct me if i am understand in weird direction?

Capture1.PNG

savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Pooja,

I tried in dashboard 3. Can you please help? its not working

I want 3 columns Which shows the metrics name Total Spend, First month, Current month, Comparision

Regards,

Savithri

savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil,

Thank you this helps. Can you please tell me how to do this?

Regards,

Savithri