Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raajgote
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

how to get straight table rows value in the text box?

Hi all,

I have some calculated values in straight table with complex expression, difficult to consolidate values in text object to implement multiple conditions in text object.

Calculations are done on static and dynamic values from the excel with 2 different tables.

In straight table, have used expression label to check the conditions and display the values. unfortunately, not able to use the same way in text object as I believe it doesn't support. 

Any help on priority is highly appreciated!

BR,

Raaj...

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It would actually be easier to help you if you could post these expression or even better a small sample QVW and the expected result.

raajgote
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Swuehl,

Sorry for delayed reply, PFA sample document.

In the document, 'AVG KPI Values' calculated in straight table and text box are in different way, I would like to use straight table formula in Text box or any other way excluding the current formula in Text box. Sample example contains normal data and query but actual formula used in development is complex one.

Hope this will help you to understand the issue!

BR,

Raaj...

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can't reference expression labels of the straight table in your text box, that's true.

Maybe it's an option to use variables for your expressions in the straight table, then you should be able to use the same expression in your text box like in the straight table bottom line.

The Magic of Variables

The Magic of Dollar Expansions

The Little Equals Sign

raajgote
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the quick response Swuehl!

I have already used variable, but issue is that I have to use SET analysis  again in the final expression and existing variable also contains SET analysis, so it showing error that we cannot use it.

Thanks for your input!

BR,

Raaj...

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand. If you need to apply different filters in your set expression in both objects, then I think you would need to create two different expression.

You may be able to reuse parts of the one expression in the other, e.g using variables, but basically these expressions would be different.

raajgote
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Swuehl!

Please find below expression, any help is highly appreciated,

IF((((sum({<Month={$(=GetFieldSelections(Month,','))},GlobalGroup = {'Data Services Operations'}>}[Direct Billable Utilization])/sum({<Month={$(=GetFieldSelections(Month,','))},

GlobalGroup = {'Data Services Operations'}>}[Standard Work Hours]))>= 0.8) and

((sum({<Month={$(=GetFieldSelections(Month,','))},MM_CompliantStatus={1},GlobalGroup = {'Data Services Operations'}>}

TT_RegularHoursBooked)/

sum({<Month={$(=GetFieldSelections(Month,','))},Metric={'MM'},GlobalGroup = {'Data Services Operations'}>}

StandardWorkDay))>=0.7) and

((sum({<Month={$(=GetFieldSelections(Month,','))},ME_CompliantStatus={1},GlobalGroup = {'Data Services Operations'}>}TT_RegularHoursBooked)/sum({<Month={$(=GetFieldSelections(Month,','))},GlobalGroup = {'Data Services Operations'}>}StandardWorkDay)) >= 0.97)),

10, 0)

I would like to display cumulative average from above expression in text box, currently its showing wrong result, reason is very simple GetFieldSelections() is getting all the selected months at the same time and values calculated based on that... requirement is that it should be executed for each month and average should be shown based on number of months get selected against points.

BR,

Raaj...

raajgote
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Swuehl,

Did you get a chance to see attached expression?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

BR,

Raaj...