Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbkumar
Creator
Creator

how to connect in oracle database , Teradata database,Sql Server and DB2?

Hi I need an assistance on using different databases,up to now i am using only ODBC,OLEDB.Now i want to try for DB2,Oracle,Teradata and SQL Server databases.what are the prerequisites to use them?please help me to get the solution.

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does ODBC, OLEDB are DB's?

Here, What you have done earlier is the approach can form in these. So, You need to start from Google to know connection about external data sources. Will you?

For ref - How to pull data from PostgreSQL to Qlik

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sbkumar
Creator
Creator
Author

no no odbc and oledb are not db's, their are just providers to access data i mean to say that I used odbc and oledb providers to access data.now i want to know about teradata,db2 and oracle ? can you please tell me the procedure?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you open the like where i provide last reply. You will get idea the same. Try to get DB's information like

Server Name, Username, Password, DB on the server details to get into work. And use OLEDB to connect and fill all mention above then you will achieve that

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please close this thread by flag correct answer so then next land up users may easy to understand

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

For each RDBMS (luckily they're all providing a relational interface) you first have to download an ODBC or OLE DB driver from the respective manufaturer's web site. Then install the drivers. Each DBMS product has it's own driver.

Then proceed as you did with your other DB connections by configuring the OLE DB connection, or defining an ODBC DSN and configuring an ODBC Connection in QlikView.