Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how the different users can work on the same report simultaneously??

Hi

I have a situtation in which a team of three members has to work on the developement of the same report simultaneously.

How can all three different user can work on the same report???

Or is it possible to merge work from one qlikview document to another document???

4 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi. Yes, its possible by collaborative sessions which i heard about it and dont have worked on it. Please find the link below which may be helpful for you http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2581 and http://community.qlik.com/thread/53578

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I don't think that collaborative sessions can be used for development. They are server based sessions that are used for collaborative exploration of the model.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

There are two ways to work on single application by multiple developer. 1) Either you can divide the responsibility of development in term of data modelling and design. 2) You can divide design of single application in term of dashboard, analytics etc....

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

First develop the script and load the data, once this completed, distribute this QVW file to the team.

Now ask them to develop charts individually, after completing of the work integrate all the charts by copying and pasting into main QVW file.

In this way you can work on the same report simultaneously.  Generally if a report has multiple charts I share those to the team members and finally I integrate the charts developed by them into my QVW file by copy and paste.  Since the data(dimension) is same in all the files we can just copy and paste charts.  It works.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.