Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ni_avoss
Creator
Creator

getfieldselections & getselectedcount return different fieldcount -> IncludeExcluded

hi there,

in the frontend I want to combine the functions getfieldselections & getselectedcount  to dynamically show fieldselections, based on the number of selections.

the problem: both return different fieldcount.

I found out that getselectedcount has the parameter IncludeExcluded, which defaults to false. If set to true() both functions return the same fieldcount so I guess getfieldselections includes excluded values which is quite confusing.

Is there any way to not include exluded values in getfieldselections() ? Or any different ideas for a workaround?

thanks,

alex

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

I agree with Marcus, I don't really understand what you have and what kind of issue you are running into?

ni_avoss
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

while trying to build an example I found out that the approach with concat works fine,

I cannot recall what was wrong there yesterday.

Thank you all for your help, esp. Sunny.

Best,

Alex

shannoypaul
Creator
Creator

@sunny_talwar 

I tried passing a placeholder in a similar expression, however the Concat() function is not identifying the placeholder:

Expression Used - ='$(vSelectionQuery(Dim1))'

Variable Definintion vSelectionQuery

=If(GetSelectedCount($1)=0,Null(),'&select=' &'$1,' & Concat(Distinct$1,','))

The Place holder $1 in green font works fine, the one in red font in Concat() function doesn't gets assigned with the placeholder.

TIA,

Shannoy

tellmalaika17
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a similar request in Pivot Table. For eg:

Fieldname - Category 1, another field name is country (listed as a,b,c in thsi case)

Month 1Month 2
Category 1 Total2035
a1020
b510
d55

On selection of Country b, i want to exclude the  total of b from Category 1 Total. so which means row for country b will be there just the selected country value ie 5 for Month 1 should be removed from Category1 Total.