Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

extension examples

hi all,

I m using  the mapping example and made a map and plotted the points(cities).

I am facing a problem with the point plotted.

when i open the file for first time (in AJAX mode) the points are not visible but the background map is visible. So i turn the AJAX mode off(map is also invisible at this point) and turn on again. Now the points are visible as well.

why is this happening??? cant figure out. I want the points(cities plotted) to be visible even when i open the file for first time

does it has anything to do with layer(top,bottom,normal etc..)???

please suggest solution(s)

Thanks in advance

6 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I don't recall seeing this. Do you have a QVW that can shared and tested with  ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi jonathan,

r u asking me to share the file.?

that i cant do. sorry

I can try to explain the situation more clearly

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

if you could that would be great.   I just couldn't remember a situation where the points don't show up until you toggle from web view to normal back to web view.  

Not applicable
Author

i have used that map in two sheets(say A and B)  (for two different data source i.e. two different excel sheets)

when i switch from A to B i can see the points but now when i switch back from B to A i cant see the points

and i need to switch the AJAX mode off and on

this is just killing me

I think their is some constraint with 'Measurement' which i need to follow

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Which extension are you using ? Or is it just the regular scatter chart with MAP url as the background ?

If its an extension , i'm wondering if there is a bug in the code where the object is not unique for the applications and somehow the 2nd iteration of the object impacts the first.

I'm assuming there are no triggers or actions altering your selections as you go back and forth.

I'd love to play around with it but without that apologies if my suggestions are more exploratory than useful.

Not applicable
Author

Its just the regular scatter chart with map url as background.

I m using the 'action' option . Its like two text buttons and  i m using them to navigate between the sheets(Activate Sheet). But i guess it should not affect anyhow.