cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

dual monitor setup "hides" load editor and progress window

I have been meaning to post this to the community for years; wonder if anyone knows about how to resolve this issue. The issue is that if you normally have a dual monitor set up, while working in QlikView, you may have your load editor window open in the second monitor while the visual part is open on the first monitor. When you perform a reload, the progress window may appear in the second monitor also. Now, you disconnect from this setup and are working on your laptop. When you go to reload your qlikview, it appears to simply freeze. Or, if you go to edit the load script, again, it just freezes.

I went through many reboots over the years before I realized what was going on...Qlik was launching those windows on the no longer available second monitor. There was no way to recover from this it seemed, other than hooking up the second monitor again and dragging the window back onto the main screen.

We did discover that you can resolve the issue by going into your display settings and toggling the screen resolution back and forth; this will bring the orphaned windows back to the main screen.

Is there any setting in Qlik or any other way to avoid having this problem happen?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @daveatkins,

I've had this issue quite a few times myself. To reset things I typically open the QlikView Desktop Settings.ini file located in C:%%Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView and delete the entries  under the [WindowPos] section; i.e. DlgPos30635=421,177.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @daveatkins,

I've had this issue quite a few times myself. To reset things I typically open the QlikView Desktop Settings.ini file located in C:%%Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView and delete the entries  under the [WindowPos] section; i.e. DlgPos30635=421,177.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!