cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III

drill down option

There is a requirement in which only certain field needs drill functionality to appear. For rest other drill should not be made.

Please find the attached document which has the sample lay out report .

In the attached report the drill needs to be applied only for the field DP (which is marked as DP+ in the report) . Once DP+ is drilled , next level goes to PC1 , sales number . which is shown in the chart layout.

Please explain how to achieve the above scenario?

Thanks

Sriram

11 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi sriram,

the Drilldown option is to be applied to that chart, right? Is it a straight_table chart?

Well, I usually do without Drilldown - the effect is the same, I just go another way:

- You have one field as dimension to that chart, right?

- Apply a condition to that dimension (like > Getselectedcount([dimension]) = 0 < - meaning that the
   dimension is active as long as the user has not selected any value on that dimension_field.

- Then add a second dimension with whatever is the next level below > DP < and
    apply a condition like > Getfieldselections([dimension]) = 'DP' to that
   => So that second dimension will become active when the user has selected 'DP', not any other value, and
        at the same time the first dimension will become inactive.

Would that about match your requirement?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am not more clear on that. I did tried the approach suggessted by you but unable to figure it out what went wrong .

Can you share me with an example.

Thanks

Sriram

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I will try to put together a small sample and post it, along with the Excel file containing the base_data.

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That would be really helpful . so I can understand better.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

There you go.

This small example illustrates what I mean with the two dimensions - I hope that matches what you want to do.

Have a look.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

few clarifications with respect to example now ,

a)team 1 to team 4 is related only to dept D right ? its not for any other field .

b)if any other dept is chosen then the sales value not appear in the chart .It is blank . why it is so ?

c)also you have used only get selected count in the text box. whether it should be used only there ?

d)you have mentioned getfeildselection(dimension) in the above explanation , but not used anywhere in the sample report .How to incorporate that ?

The sample report created by you is certainly closed to my requirement but please explain  on the above things

Thanks

Sriram

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

can you please explain me on the above mentioned questions

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

1) yes, you are right - the four teams belong to Dpt_D in my example. That is the drilldown possibility.

2) I don't know why the value isn't shown with any other selection - it is in the chart in my sample_app => maybe
     you can share your qvw so we can have a closer look at your issue?

3) The text_boxes are just for further illustration, they are not essential to the functioning of the chart;

4) The function is certainly used in the chart. Look on the "dimension" tab of the dialog, in the edit_field "condition".

Best regards,

DataNibbler

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Now I can able to understand the logic. Can you please explain me how this approach needs to be implemented in the qlikview version 9.Currently we are using version 9 for our development of reports.

I did gone through your requirement in qlikview 11 version . It is proper .

Please do the needful on this .Is it possbile to implement in qlikview 9 version .

Thanks

Sriram