cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

date shown as text when exporting to excel

Hi all,

Can  anyone help me with this?  In the straight table, I have 3 date fields, NRAS_AFAR, NRAS Y4, NRAS Y7.

NRAS_AFAR is a data field, while NRAS Y4 and NRAS Y7 are both calculated dimensions:

The NRAS Y4 calculated dimension  is =Date#(AddYears(NRAS_AFAR_Value,4)) .

The NRAS Y7 calculated dimension  is =Date#(AddYears(NRAS_AFAR_Value,7)) .

My question is when I exported table into excel, format of NRAS Y4 and NRAS Y7 were Text instead of DATE ('D/MM/YYYY') as I want.

what can I do to make both calculated dimensions shows as DATE format when exported to excel??

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Instead of the calculated dimension, you can use expressions (which will be exported with a correct date format to excel). You can use the same expression as used in the calculated dimension, since your data is grouped by NRAS_AFAR_Value.

Drag the expressions to the left if you want to keep the original layout.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be wrap it around with the date function and see if that helps:

The NRAS Y4 calculated dimension  is =Date(Date#(AddYears(NRAS_AFAR_Value,4)))

The NRAS Y7 calculated dimension  is =Date(Date#(AddYears(NRAS_AFAR_Value,7)))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Instead of the calculated dimension, you can use expressions (which will be exported with a correct date format to excel). You can use the same expression as used in the calculated dimension, since your data is grouped by NRAS_AFAR_Value.

Drag the expressions to the left if you want to keep the original layout.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks swuehl,

I tried and it worked. You are right. Use expression is easier to handle the date format thing.

Really appreciate your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply.

I have no idea why calculated dimension can not exported as date format. But I use expressions instead, and it worked.