Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

calculation condition + fast type change

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to let the calculation condition only hold for one type of chart, but not when changing to another (via the fast type change button) .

More specifically: I have a chart with stockevolutions (over time) per part type. When in the straight tabel view, I want all the part types displayed. However, when in line chart view, I want the user to select a maximum of 10 part types, otherwise, all the lines are scrambled through each other, making the chart unreadable.

I wanted to use the following calc condition:

=count(distinct part_type)<=10

any suggestions?

Thanks,

K.

1 Reply
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Kennethg,

I think it is not possible to let the calculation condition only hold for one type of chart.  But your task can be achieved by using Pivot table and line/bar chart instead of Straight table. 

First set the chart type Line chart in General tab, give expression and dimension and set the Max Visible Number(1-100) to 10 (or as you required) in the presentation tab.

When the Fast type chart is line it shows only 10 parttypes, if we change fasttype to pivot it displays all the rows, because there is no feature to set number of rows for Pivot table.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Jagan.