Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcorizzo
Contributor III
Contributor III

binary from qlikview file protected by password

Hi.

I need to read data from a qlikview file that is protected by username and password.

Obviously I know them.

Is it possible ?

Thanks

Marco

5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, of course. Simply load the file using BINARY. QlikView will inherit the same security restrictions as defined in the source document. You will be prompted to enter User ID and Password when you open the target document.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView an...

marcorizzo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry maybe I had to be clearer.

I've got a qlikview file A.qvw where there is a section access (user:admin; password: admin).

I need to create a new qvw file (B.qvw) that read data from A.qvw.

The reason is that I need to schedule some export from A.qvw so I want to create another one (B) that, with a batch file, open file A and export some csv file.

I'm trying this solution because using the file A, I'm able to open, reload data but the process stopes when it's requesting user and password.

Any suggestions ?

I'm very sorry for my bad English 😞

Thanks

Marco

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Got it... For this case, you should add another row into your Section Access table. In this row, use the License Key that is installed on the QlikView tool that does the reload, with * as a UserID and * as a password. When the valid license key is used, no UserID/Pwd will be requested. This is used specifically for the "silent" reload.

It's described with some decent examples in the Reference Manual, see Chapter Security,  p.29.6.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  I never about using the Licence Key like that.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You've got to be "old enough" in QlikView terms to know this stuff.

Ever since most of the reloads are handled by QVS and the Publisher, these dinosaur techniques are not commonly used anymore. Before Publisher, this was the only way to reload secured QlikView documents silently.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Check out my new book QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView an...