Skip to main content
Announcements
Intermittent issues logging into the Qlik Community. We are working toward a resolution.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Web-View doesn't properly support more than 37 expr. columns in pivot table?

Similar to another post I saw (referenced below) I'm having issues with wide pivot tables in web-view.

Unexpected exception occurred on Ajax Pivot Table

The pivot has 3 vertical dimensions (year, quarter, month) and one horizontal dimension (Contract Year).

Grid style.png

In the image shown above I've got two expressions.  To ensure that this isn't data-related I've not done any exciting calculations and the expressions are just "=1", "=2".

When I switch to Web View and right-click on a cell I get pop-up menu.

popupok.png

However, when I scroll across far enough and do this I get a message-box stating that an unexpected error occurred.

errmsg.png

In addition to not being able to right-click on the cell to get the pop-up menu, it's also lost the functionality whereby clicking the cell applies filtering to the dimensions.

The interesting bit of this is that the error appears only after the 37th column in the pivot table.  I've tried it with two, three, four, and five expressions and it's consistent about this.  Each time, the failure to respond normally to clicks begins on the 38th expression column.

It's as if there is some limit on the number of expression columns that are properly supported on a pivot in the Web View.  Does anyone know if this is the case and if this value can be modified?

I've attached an example QVW if anyone fancies having a play.  You'll need to do a re-load - the script contains structures to generate the test date.  It currently shows four expression columns.  It works just fine in the Personal Edition normal view, but switch to web-view and then scroll over to 2010 and right-click on something in the '1' column (37th in the grid)- you'll see the menu.  Try the '2' column (38th in the grid) and you'll get the error message.  Similarly, clicking on the cell in column 37 will apply dimension filters and clicking on column 38 won't.

Any help would be much appreciated as my clients are going just a teeny bit nuts.

Thanks.

11 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

This appears to be a bug and should be fixed in Qlik Version 12.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
marinasbc
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

We're using QVS 12 SR2 (20100) and this is still an issue - could we have a status update on this bug fix?

Thanks

MC