Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Visual cue to highlight values compared to average of column

Hi all,

Any one have a solution to highlighting values of a given column based on this same column's average? If I would like to highlight all values below average for a column which expression do I have to use?

G.

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can change the background of the cells which satisfy your condition.

This setting can be done at Properties -> Expression ->Click on + sign ->Click on Background color -> Type your condition at Definition

Have a look at the attched example.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I believe I missed something in the explanation of the problem. Please see data below.

ItemValueAverage

The average of the column value is 53. I would like to use the visual cue to highlight the numbers below the column average of 53. Note that this value will change with different selections.

Thanks,

G

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This setting can be done at Properties -> Expression ->Click on + sign ->Click on Background color -> Type your condition at Definition

In the same definition you can write

if(Value < Average, red(),black())

Also, your average is coming in only one row? (You may need to write the expression for Average here)

is there any reason for that?

Ashutosh

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Use this expression

if(sum(Value) < avg(total Value),Red(),Yellow())

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!