cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jessica_webb
Creator III
Creator III

User to upload data via access point

As an organisation, we currently require users to send us data on a regular basis which is done via excel files sent to us through a secure portal. 

However, we often have major issues with incorrect data values being sent to us and this makes it a very lengthy process. 

What I would like to do is create a QV dashboard that could be published on access point. Users would then be able to login (presumably we would have one login for all), and I want them to be able to upload their excel file - have QV perform a series of data checks on the file, and for them to be able to submit the file to us where it would remain securely stored on our server until we download it for processing.

Is this at all possible? And if so, could someone point me in the right direction of an article that might give me some basic insight on how to do this? 

Many thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
siddheshmane
Creator
Creator

You can ask the users to place the file in a shared location.

In your Load Script, you write your code pointing to that shared location. And on the front end you can add a Button or a Text object on which a Reload action can be performed. 

When the user clicks the button on the front end. The report wil refresh and run your code for the file stored in the shared path.

Once the series of data checks are done, you can store the data that was loaded into a qvd or a txt file in your server location.

Hope this helps.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think the above is likely the only way to go here other than perhaps looking at something from our Attunity folks:

https://www.qlik.com/us/products

The only tweak I would make to the above would be to likely have a distinct app for each of your customers to ensure you have no data getting across areas.  When they click on the 'Reload Button', that would have to call an EDX trigger I believe in Publisher side to run things, but that script could then do an FTP connection for instance back to that customer site to pull the spreadsheet up and then load it and run the checks you want and present any errors back to the user in the updated app...  If the Attunity products look like they could help, be sure to get in touch with your account manager to see if they can connect you to have a discussion regarding your needs there, as that might be a good way to go potentially. 

Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.