Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use Straight table results in Pivot table.

Hi,

I am working on a report, where i need to use results of a straight table into a pivot table.

The straight table is of the format:

YEARQTR          FIELD1          Count(FIELD2)

2013Q1               A                        1

2013Q1               B                        2

2013Q2               A                        3

2013Q3               C                        1

2013Q3               B                        4

2013Q4               A                        5

so on...

I want to use the third column(Count(FIELD2))  from this table as a row in a pivot table, YEARQTR as a column, and count of FIELD1 as a measure.

Count(FIELD2)2013Q12013Q22013Q32013Q4
count of FIELD2 for each FIELD1    1count of FIELD1 having counts of FIELD2 as 1count of FIELD1 having counts of FIELD2 as 1count of FIELD1 having counts of FIELD2 as 1count of FIELD1 having counts of FIELD2 as 1
count of FIELD2 for each FIELD1    2count of FIELD1 having counts of FIELD2 as 2count of FIELD1 having counts of FIELD2 as 2count of FIELD1 having counts of FIELD2 as 2count of FIELD1 having counts of FIELD2 as 2
count of FIELD2 for each FIELD1    3count of FIELD1 having counts of FIELD2 as 3count of FIELD1 having counts of FIELD2 as 3count of FIELD1 having counts of FIELD2 as 3count of FIELD1 having counts of FIELD2 as 3

I tried to load count(FIELD2) as field2, but didn't get the correct result. Please help me.

2 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

May be something like this -

Not applicable
Author

Actually there are other fields too which i am pulling from excel. I tried with creating a new container using only the required 3 fields, and count(field2) as field2#. But the data isn't correct. I verified this by creating a straight table with the 3 columns and then used it in another app for the pivot table.