cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ratnakkumar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Trendlines Interview Question

Having Months on the X-Axis(Dimension), need to find sales of 3 Cities for the last 3 years using Trendlines... Is it possible? This is an interview Question? Need Help!!

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I'm not sure that I understood your post. "Sales" must be an expression using an aggregation function, such as Sum() in a chart. Once you have such expression, you can apply trendlines to see the trend.

You can also calculate trends with the functions linest_m() and linest_b(), among others. Check this example: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/ChartFunctions/Statistic...

I don't know if that is an interview question.

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

The best advice I can offer about interviews: Sometimes not having the correct answer isn't the worst thing, as long as you can tell someone how you would get the answer.

Good luck on your interviews. You found this community and are actively using it, you are already ahead of the game.

ratnakkumar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Randi.. for you time. I think no one can have full knowledge on anything, this is my point of view. If you have got that one you would not have an attitude towards interviews. Please try to provide some input. Otherwise Ignore it.

ratnakkumar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your input.

ratnakkumar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I might have misunderstood the question.. But I will try to get the question right.

ratnakkumar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Having stores in 4 Cities. Need to get the sales for the 4 cities & represent Sales in the form of Trendlines. All the 4 Cities share the common X-Axis with Months from Jan to Dec. Need to  show the Trend for the last 3 years. Sorry that I posted the Question Wrongly. Apologies.

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

I am not 100% sure I understand the question, but if you want to show only the trend lines and not the actual data, you need to check the invisible box for the Sum(Sales) Expression. As Miguel said, there are a few different ways to get trend lines. The easiest way is to pick one of the options in Qlik and check the invisible box for the data. Otherwise calculate the trend lines yourself using the functions mentioned above.

Show trend line but not line

Good luck on your interview. I know Qlikview better than Qliksense, so it might be different in QlikSense.