Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shraddha6369
Contributor II
Contributor II

Trellis chart

Hi All,

I am creating a trellis chart with 2 dimension and a simple expression of average scores.

I am struggling to get the null values from second dimension out of the trellis bar chart (suppressed nulls is checked). I am getting all the names from second dimensions were the we have scores for any data value in first dimension. 

Is there a way to get rid of these names from second dimension which has no value for first dimension.? (snippet attached). I know I need to use calculated 2nd dimensions checking- if expression has values for first dimension then use second dimension, but just couldn't get it right.

Note: trellis bar setting:  Enable trellis setting is checked. 

Any help is much appreciated!

2 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Try using dimension limits ..

Lisa_P_0-1645146874929.png

shraddha6369
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lisa for your reply. Actually the values for second dimensions are not zero, those are nulls (doesn't exist) so doing that didn't help. 

Somewhere I think we need to use calculated condition saying if the value exists then use else null and then suppress null in second dimension, just not finding the correct way or if that's the limitation of trellis chart, not really sure. That's why thought to check with experts on community!