Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Transfer state

Hi All,

I am trying to "Open the document" by creating the button. I had 'Transfer State' and 'Apply state on top of Current' options selected. This is working fine when I am trying in my local. But when I try in Access point, this doesn't work.

Do we have any specific settings that should be set for this?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Varun Reddy!

15 Replies
sunny_talwar

Does it not open the document or does it not transfer the state content? What exactly is the issue?

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

When I try to open new document from QVW using the button , new document is being opened and selections are being transferred. When I try from access point, new document is being opened but selections are not being transferred.

sunny_talwar

Few things to check

1) Field names are the exact same (otherwise the new document won't identify the selections

2) There are no contradicting selections which are locked because those won't allow to make new selections

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

1. Yes, field names are same.

2. There are no contradicting selections. Infact I created inline table with some values to test.

This is working fine if I try from a QVW. When I try in access point, it's not working. The new document is being opened in 'Full Browser Version' and selections are not being transferred

sunny_talwar

Its difficult to say what might be causing this issue, but I did this few months ago, it worked like a charm. I did not see any issues. May be I am missing something and someone else might be able to point out what I might be missing.

Best,

Sunny

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Did it work with 'Full Browser Version'?

Is this what you did?

Were these options checked?

sunny_talwar

1) Yes it did work with the 'Full Browser Version'

2) I did NOT check 'Apply state on top of current' and 'Open in same window'

3) I am not sure about those settings. I don't remember touching them at all

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Sunny for your response.  Dont know why this is not working

Cheers,

Varun Reddy

sunny_talwar

Try unchecking 'Apply state on top of current' and see if it does any selection or not?