Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Finde
Contributor
Contributor

Total calculation based on dimension criteria shown on each row

Hi

This might be a very simple question - but after spending days trying out with aggr-formulas, SetAnalysisWizard combinations etc. I need to ask it:-) I have a straight table with a lot of dimensions and some expressions. I need an expression that on each row show the sum/total of the dimension "Quantity", but where  dimension B and dimension C are equal. In Excel that would easily be done with a sumifs-formula. Example of wanted output is shown in the last column in the table below. Can you help with an expression-formula to calculate that in QV?

The purpose is, after this, to divide the dimension Quantity, per row, with the calculated expression Quantity total.

Thanks, Finde

Dimension A

Dimension B

Dimension C

Quantity

Quantity total - with dimension B+C being equal

Horse

Half

Yes

Fish

Half

Yes

Bee

Full

Yes

Bee

Full

No

Bee

Half

Yes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You may try it with: sum(total <[Dimension B], [Dimension C]> Quantity)

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

You may try it with: sum(total <[Dimension B], [Dimension C]> Quantity)

- Marcus

Finde
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Marcus. Thanks, that works. However, it sums up all the values from the dataset loaded into QV - and not only the values shown/selected in the QV-table. E.g. I have year 2019-2021 in the QV-table, but the formula sums up all the years in the dataset (that are many more years). Is there some way to adjust the formula so it totals only based on what is shown/selected in the table, and not all values from the dataset loaded into QV? 

marcus_sommer

The total within the above suggestion ignored all dimensions within the object unless the two specified one - and the expression is fully responsive against the selection state.

If you have multiple states in use within your application and/or your real expression contained any set analysis it might be that these selections are ignored. That's easily checked - just comment the set analysis or use a copy and remove it.

- Marcus