Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Today() is not showing todays date

Hello everyone,

I am using today() function, but it is not giving me today date that is 12/02/2014, it is showing me 11/28/2014,

Can anybody please tell me where would be the problem

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sreeharsha V

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello All,

I didn't close my dashboard from 11/28/2014, that is why it is showing that date, i just closed and re opened the DB. it is showing as expected

Thank you so much for quick responses

Regards

Sreeharsha V

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

today Returns the current date from the system clock. The timer_mode may have the following values:

0 Date at script run
1 Date at function call
2 Date when the document was opened 

Refer to Help today ()

kushalthakral
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sreeharsha

First of all please check whether u r writing this function on server or on your desktop, then please check the system clock there.

because today function takes system clock value.

Regards

Kushal Thakral

Not applicable
Author

Harsha,

today() function is refer to system clock.

Not applicable
Author

Hello All,

I didn't close my dashboard from 11/28/2014, that is why it is showing that date, i just closed and re opened the DB. it is showing as expected

Thank you so much for quick responses

Regards

Sreeharsha V

pgriffiths
Creator
Creator

It is also worth noting that the date held in Today() is relevant to the date you open a document. This is the same as using Today(2)

If you are developing over several days, the Today() function will return the date you opened the document, no matter how many times you save or refresh the document.

Its better to use Today(1) as this uses the date the script is reloaded, or remember to close QlikView and reopen the document each day to work around the default Today() function issue.

Hope this helps someone else. 😄