Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sspe
Creator II
Creator II

Text objects disappears when opened from Access Point

Hi,

I'm having a really annoying issue, where some text objects isn't visible when I open the document in IE. It's some objects I'm using as buttons and I'm changing the background and font color by setting a variable when clicking on the object. The background color have disappeared on all the objects and once I click on the object and the font color changes to white, then the object it completely invisible.

It works fine when I open the document in the Desktop client and also when I open it on Chrome from the Access Point. I have tried many different things, but I still haven't found out what's causing it.

Have anyone of you seen this before and have some tips on what to do to fix it?

I'm om QV 11.20 SR6.

Regards

Steen

4 Replies
Not applicable

does your app name got any space ??? it caused us some issue once. if so just try without space ... not sure though.

sspe
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No, there are no spaces in the app name.

Also, it only seems to happen for a few users. I have the problem myself but most of the other users haven't got the problem so it looks like it's something that has been cached or saved somewhere and is user specific.

/Steen

aaronnash
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Are you (or any of the other users that are experiencing the problem) using the IE Plug-in?

Edit:  Can you post an example with obfuscated data?

Edit #2: Are these text boxes using text only?  If so, try entering ='Text' instead of just Text (I have run into this issue before and that fixed it).

sspe
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

We are not using the Plug-in - we just run the app directly from the browser.

Here is a screen dump of how it looks with the "error" from my IE and the second one is how it should correctly look (which in this case is from Chrome on the same PC)

QV_IE.jpg

QV_Chrome.jpg

I now tried to change the text as you suggested and that seems to fix the problem. Strangely enough I only changed it on one of the objects, and that fixed for all 4 objects. I also tried to change it back to how it was and that still works. So whatever it was, it seems like the change of the text made a difference.

Regards

Steen