Did you mean: 
blpetosa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sum with FirstSortedValue

Hello Everyone,

Here is a sample of my data set:

Estimate_Number          Quote_number           Description          Estimate

368                                         0                              Hotel                   1000

368                                         0                              Plane                    500

368                                         0                              Food                     300

368                                         1                              Plane                    400

368                                         1                              Food                     400

368                                         1                              Car                       500     

I had a similar question a couple of weeks back where I wanted to get the value of Description where the Quote_Number was at its max value. Sunny correctly helped me out with this:

Sum(Aggr(FirstSortedValue(Estimate, -Quote_number  ), Description ))

I didn't realize that we are only concerned with the Descriptions where the Quote_Number is at its max value. So in this example, I don't want the Hotel estimate to be included, and only want the sum (1300) of Plane. Food, and Car where Quote_Number is 1 (Max).

I appreciate any help with this,

Ben

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Where do you want this to be displayed? You can try like

= Sum({<Quote_number = {"= Max(Quote_number)"} >} Estimate)

OR

= Sum(Aggr(Sum({<Quote_number = {"= Max(Quote_number)"} >} Estimate), Description))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Where do you want this to be displayed? You can try like

= Sum({<Quote_number = {"= Max(Quote_number)"} >} Estimate)

OR

= Sum(Aggr(Sum({<Quote_number = {"= Max(Quote_number)"} >} Estimate), Description))

blpetosa
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Vishwarath! I ended up using your second option, and it works perfectly.