Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Standalone QLikview

is Qlikview are capable of being standalone? I mean is there any other way you can open you presentation without seeing the menu bar? Or Qlikview can be an .exe file like other program?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

You could apply Section Access, defining yourself as Administrator and giving others User access.

Before you start playing with Section Access, make a copy first to avoid the risk of locking yourself out and loosing your QVW.

After putting Section Access in place, you can go over the Document Security settings and turn off what you do not want your Users to do. Also go over the Sheet Security in which you can decide if objects can be moved and if they can get access to the properties.

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

these questions are kind of hard to answer. QlikView has an .exe file of course. And no, I think it is not easily possible to display it like you would a ppt - "picture only". But it can be done - you can export QlikView objects or make reports and include those in your presentation.

Maybe it would be easier to help if instead of asking for QlikView's capabilities, you told us what exactly you want to do with it.

HTH

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I want to know how to disable the toolbar in Qlikview for presentation, just like in PPT presentation. So that the user cant edit the Qlikview presentation.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

You could apply Section Access, defining yourself as Administrator and giving others User access.

Before you start playing with Section Access, make a copy first to avoid the risk of locking yourself out and loosing your QVW.

After putting Section Access in place, you can go over the Document Security settings and turn off what you do not want your Users to do. Also go over the Sheet Security in which you can decide if objects can be moved and if they can get access to the properties.

May you live in interesting times!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Right-click on the toolbar area, and uncheck the toolbars.