Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sql query equivalent for Qlikview Charts

Hi,

I have a straight table as a chart in Qlikview. Now I want the SQL query for that table. Is it possible ?

Even though Qlikview doesn't work as a normal Querying tool, whether there is any possibility to see the equivalent SQL query.?

Regards,

Hemanth Dasari.

6 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Provide some more information....!

marcus_sommer

It's not possible with inbuilt features to create such a dummy-code and I doubt that anyone has built a tool for it. That meant you will have to write it manually. But honestly it doesn't helped your further - to think in SQL schemes within qlikview is rather inappropriate then useful.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

hi hd00429129

You can type that Sql Query in script and store it in a table

eg

table:

load *;

SQl :Your query;

and use that table in your straight table.

-Nishit

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What are you trying to do? You can export the data easily enough without any extra tools or customised doodads. You can also search within the table using standard qlikview functionality.

If you have some other requirement, please be specific about waht you want to achieve and someone may be able to advise you. Bit what you are asking for above is not possible.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sasikanth
Master
Master

hi,

we should have to write the query on our own based on Dimensions  and expressions that you have used

there is no option in qlikview to get sql queries or code  like other tools

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, there is not. Internally, QlikView uses code and data & memory management that have no relation whatsoever to SQL or Query languages.

For a knowledgeable SQL programmer, it would be possible however to devise a corresponding query in SQL that matches the output in a straight table. Translate the collection of fields from multiple tables into JOINs and Sub-Selects, and put your listbox selections and set analysis filters in the corresponding WHERE clauses.

Good luck,

Peter