Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
triekong
Creator
Creator

Specific and Common Filters

Hi All,

I have 3 data tables in my Qlik app: 1. Financial dataset 2. Utilization dataset 3. HeadCount dataset

There are common fields in all 3 of my datasets, such as 'Country' and 'PC Number'. There are also fields unique to each of these tables.

I am creating various charts on my dashboard summary page. I have one for Utilization, one for Financial and one for Headcount data.

I would like to filter these by the common filters at the top. but I don't want a selection of the unique fields to affect all the filters at the top. For example, if I select something in 'Country', I want it to filter country in each of the tables. But if I select 'Department' in the Headcount dataset, I would like it to affect the 'Country' on the Headcount Dataset, but not filter the 'Country' on the 'Financial' dataset.

I have done a QUALIFY statement in the script to remove the tables associations to prevent them filtering each other.

QUESTION: But now how do I have like a central Country field that filters each of these tables.

Any workaround for this?

Would i need to create another dataset with all the common field names? Would i use alternate states instead?

i have attached a test app and welcome any suggestions. thanks!

1 Reply
sunny_talwar

One way to do this would be to create one of the three country fields as a list box and use p() function in the charts for the other two tables.

For example, I used Finance.Country as a list box and use these expressions

Sum({<Utilization.Country = p(Finance.Country)>}[Utilization.Utilization left])

Sum({<HeadCount.Country = p(Finance.Country)>}[HeadCount.Employees Number])

Capture.PNG

This could become a problem if you don't have all possible values in at least one table. If this is the case, I would create a fourth island table with all possible values for Country and use that as a list box and change the expression for all three charts