Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sort by month

Hi ,

i have a question, i have a file with a calendar, and that i want is on my table the first month is october like this

oct nov dec janv fev mars avr mai juin juil aout  (french calendar)

And it's ok because i sort the month field month. But when i select a "vendeur" the sort is not work..

DO you know why?

(please see on attached )

thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your LVR.mois values are dual values where aout has a numeric value of 8. That comes before 10 for oct. You can try sorting with an expression like match( num(only({1}LVR.mois)), '10','11','12','1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9'  ). But what you should really do (in my opinion) is create a calendar that shifts the first month to october. See this blog post: Fiscal Year

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try sorting your month field by this expression:  Min({1} [LVR.Date d_expédition]). The {1} will make it ignore selections so your selection of a vendeur won't mess up the sort order of the months..

Not applicable
Author

Just one problem, that start by aout, but the rest is ok that made:

Aout oct nov dec janv fev ..

So it's ok but not for the first month .. ;( do you know why?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your LVR.mois values are dual values where aout has a numeric value of 8. That comes before 10 for oct. You can try sorting with an expression like match( num(only({1}LVR.mois)), '10','11','12','1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9'  ). But what you should really do (in my opinion) is create a calendar that shifts the first month to october. See this blog post: Fiscal Year

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Gysbert ! You illuminate my day haha