Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Slow opening Script Editor

Over the last few months, opening the Script Editor has gotten slower and slower to the point where, even the first opening of the editor in a new qvw takes 45-60 seconds or more. Note that this is opening a script with nothing in it. Whether it is a large application with a lot of scripting and large qvd's or a brand new app with no data or scripting at all, the opening time is about the same. Any ideas on what is causing this extreme slowness on opening? It happens both with v10 and v11. Thanks!

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not sure, but this might be of some help:

http://community.qlik.com/message/430054#430054

Not applicable
Author

Shyamal,

Thank you for responding. The referred to message was about a window that was off screen. In this case, the editor eventually opens at full screen, so it is visible, just very time using....however, I did try something last night that may or may not be the answer.  I had the Governance application installed. I uninstalled it and I think I may have solved the problem. At least it opened quickly last night a few times. I'll wait to see if it the real answer....even with that, why would a 2nd application from Qliktech cause one of its own apps to behave this way?

Not applicable
Author

Have you installed any QlikView plugins recently? If so, those may affect the time it takes to open the script editor. Try checking for the latest versions.