Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Simple Count

I'm new so please be gentle

I’m struggling with a simple count in QV. I’d like to count the distinct projects which have no Revenue for any year. In this case the result should be 2 (1 for ID 1 and 1 for ID 3). Can you help? I’ve attached my mockup.

9-22-2014 10-01-54 AM.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Josh, these are returning a count of 1. The correct result should be a count of 2

This one works though

Sum(Aggr(if(Sum(Revenue) = 0, 1),ProjectID))

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Either of these expression will work. I recommend using the second one because it is more efficient.

=Sum(Aggr(if(Sum(Revenue) > 0, 1),ProjectID))

=Count(DISTINCT {$<Revenue = {">0"}>} ProjectID)

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

-Josh

PS I've also move this thread to the QlikView area so it is easier for others to find.

demoustier
Creator
Creator

in attached file

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Josh, these are returning a count of 1. The correct result should be a count of 2

This one works though

Sum(Aggr(if(Sum(Revenue) = 0, 1),ProjectID))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Demoustier. Can this be done in an expression? I need it to work with dynamic selections

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Sorry I miss read your question.  I thought you were looking for projects with revenue not without revenue.  The Aggr function will be the better choice then as you already figured out.

=Sum(Aggr(if(Sum(Revenue) = 0, 1),ProjectID))