Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nayanqlik
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Show an expression based on a selection

Hi

I have expressions in a chart table and want it to show based on a selection.  I'm just struggling with the syntax in the Conditional Window. 

So I have an expression for each of the months.  They go up to Dec.

Sum({<Month = {'Jan'}>}TotalAmount)

Sum({<Month = {'Feb'}>}TotalAmount)

Sum({<Month = {'Dec'}>}TotalAmount)

I have a List box called Year Spilt. The Values are "1st Half" and "2nd Half" .  "1st Half represents months from Jan to Jun and "2nd Half" from Jul to Dec.

So If I select '1st Half", I want only the expressions  that contains Month = Jan up to Jun  should display. And if I selection "2nd Half", then the expressions containing Month = Jul up to Dec should display.  If nothing is selected, then all expressions should display.

How do I do get the correct syntax in the Conditional window.

Thank you

Kind regards

Nayan

1 Reply
jpitfield
Contributor II
Contributor II

You could do this

=GetFieldSelections([Year Split]) = '1st Half' or Len(GetFieldSelections([Year Split]))=0

however I would suggest you write a value for full year then use Match(GetFieldSelections([Year Split]),'1st Half' ,'Full Year') & Match(GetFieldSelections([Year Split]),'2nd Half' ,'Full Year') respectively

You could also write the interval values into a calendar to accomplish the same then you could use one expression and the calendar month as a dimension in your chart and filter on the field

HTH Jim