Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Share the reports created in my qlikview personal edition

Hello, I am new to QlikView. Hope someone can put me in right direction. I have a QlikView personal edition on which I created some reports for a client. The client has a licensed version of QlikView. How can I share the files that I created in my personal edition to my client. If I simply copy my QVD / QVW files in client computer, will my client be able to open the dashboards or reports ?  

What is the best way to do this  ?  Would be great if you can let me know if there is any better ways to do it.

Thank you,

1 Reply
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your client has a licensed QlikView Desktop? Then you can just copy/send the QVW to your client and he/she will be able to open the document.

If your client also needs to be able to reload the document with fresh data, you will have to duplicate your environment on the clients computer(s) and make all data sources available overthere in the exact same way as they are available to you.

Watch out for changes to your document made by your customer. You will not be able to open a copy of your document that has been modified/reloaded  by a licensed user

Best,

Peter